Monday, February 1, 2016

1. Artist Statement

I love to create because it makes me feel good. It expresses my anxiety about the darkness of the world. It is my way of sending a message to the masses but in a clever way.

My daughter, Angel is my muse. I am at a time in my life where one fears for the lives of their children. We look at the world and say “What can I do to make it better?”

My art represents my love for Angel, and the world I wish for her to live in. #SaveMyCoast is a Visual Reminder of what a big spill will be like if (I pray not when) we have another spill and we've had several already.

It's unique in itself- in its's own sacred geometry- Idea-Photo-Print-Painting-Video-Blog-Tweet-Fb-Google+ LinkedIn- Repeat!!!

It's also a photo I took of my daughter playing peacefully on the beach, then painted in oil on canvas then became digital and digitally “enhanced” to appear coated in oil- and that itself creates all sorts of oxymorons.

One being- Oil and Water Don't Mix, everyone knows that, it's commonsense, it's Nature. Somehow people have forgotten that. I am visually reminding the audience in the most subtle way I know. 

Updated Feb 13- Project renamed to #SaveMyCoast from #SaveOurCoast